Protection, search and interoperability of multimedia content: New techniques and applications (PBInt)
This project (PBInt: Protection, search and interoperability of multimedia content: New techniques and applications) is funded by the Spanish Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad and it is participated by two research groups of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, the Distributed Multimedia Applications Group (DMAG) and the Grupo de Tecnologías Audio-visuales (GTAV). The aim of this project is to foster the research lines of both groups, including joint collaborations, in the following areas:
- Interoperability in Distributed Multimedia Content Search.
- Development of tools and techniques for translating metadata schemas.
- New metadata to improve searches: Face recognition to detect presence in images and videos.
- Interoperability of EHRs (Electronic Health Records): Ontology use and metadata translation.
- Privacy and security in access to EHRs: Ontology user and content protection techniques.
- Use and improvement of MIPAMS platform with new semantic modules.
- Use of MIPAMS for privacy in EHRs and e-services management.
- Help in the development of the MPEG-M and MPEG-21 CEL standardization.
- E-services formalization for multimedia content management, for e-health processes (HL7 standards), etc.