Seguridad y confianza en la sociedad de la información (SEGUR@)
Contact Person: Jaime Delgado
Official project web: http://www.cenitsegura.com
The main objective of SEGUR@ project is to generate a confidence and security framework to potentiate the use of the Information Technologies on the e-Society. Taking as a starting point the actual situation, the project intends to undertake a broad research on basic technologies applied to information security, like: Biometry, cryptographic algorithms, advanced intrusion detection algorithms, etcetera.
These activities will be complemented with the definition of architectures and protocols that will allow the achievement of the project objectives using the basic technologies researched by the project.
SEGUR@ proposes as a solution the substantial improvement of network security. In particular, the objective of the project is to define a new generation of integral security solutions to confront current security threats (i.e. identity theft, appearance of unreliable users or services, damages to companies and administrations, etc.). Using these solutions, an improvement of the security levels in process and systems will follow:
- Development of Trusted networks concept, where each element in the network can inform of its trust level to the rest.
- Strong and affordable Digital Identity, developing integral identity and privacy warranty solutions.
- Network monitoring, providing early detection of problems and threats, based on collaborative work.
DMAG is collaborating in this project with Safelayer in the following activities:
- Security and trust ontologies definition
- Software and audiovisual content access protection
- Use of evidences in DRM applications
- Definition of an ontology for evidence management
Our work inside this project will comprise several activities, including:
- Study and test of the state of the art technology in the definition of trust and security
- Study of the relationship between DRM standards and initiatives in the management of evidences and trust
- Definition of ontologies for the areas of evidence management, security and trust
- Definition of scenarios and use cases related to the use of DRM systems
- Telefónica Investigación y Desarrollo (TID) (coordinator)
- Alcatel Lucent España
- ATOS Origin
- Caja de Ahorros de Navarra
- Centro de Visión por Computador
- Consejo Superior de Investiagaciones Científicas
- Ericsson España
- Fundación i2CAT
- Garrigues Abogados
- S21sec Information Security Labs S.L
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M-DTE y UC3M-DI)
- Universidad de Deusto
- Universidad de Málaga
- Universidad de Murcia
- Universidad Pública de Navarra
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (DIT-UPM y UPM-FI)
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra